Call for Presentations: 2012 VSF October Meeting Series – Broomfield, Colorado, USA
The Video Services Forum (VSF) is seeking presentations for its October Meeting Series, to be hosted by Level 3 Communications, Inc. 1025 Eldorado Boulevard, Broomfield, Colorado 80021 on October 2 & 3, 2012.
Submit your proposal
This meeting is a gathering of end users, service providers, equipment manufacturers, and others involved with the world of television and video. You are invited to submit a proposal for presentation topics in any of the following areas or topics related to:
- 4K-TV, Displays
- Carrier presentations regarding their contribution network offerings and plans
- Case Studies
- Ethernet, where is it going in the world of professional video?
- End User Presentations on Applications
- HD-SDI transport issues
- Impact of FCC loudness requirements on MVPDs and transmission pipelines
- Mobile video / Mobile video architecture and distribution strategy
- MPEG4 transport
- Network monitoring and diagnostics with an emphasis on its impacts on video transport
- Next Generation Television – Transport Implications
- JPEG 2000 transport
- Real-time IPTV tutorials & security
- Test and Measurement
- Tradeoffs between video quality/latency/flexibility from end users
- Transition to DTV
- Uncompressed transport
- Video over Internet QOS challenges
- Video Service Providers speaking about their networks and what they envision for the future
- Virtual Private LAN Service – and its relevance to video transport
- Video Compression Technologies, including MPEG4 Encoder/Decoder interoperability
Subtopic areas of interest are protocols, measurement, security, standards, and provisioning. We also welcome ideas for different topics.
Paper Submission Information
Speakers should submit a 100-200 word synopsis of their presentation for consideration by the VSF program committee. To be considered, synopses must be submitted no later than September 12, 2012.
Proposals containing promotion of specific manufacturer’s equipment or vendor solutions will not be considered.
Submit your proposal
Presenters will be notified regarding the acceptance/rejection of their proposal no later than September 17, 2012.